Do you love compost? You can become a Supporter, a Member, or a Sponsor! 100% of these tax-deductible donations will go towards supporting composting education and promoting the use of compost!
Join these outstanding organizations in supporting the NC Composting Council:
Receive a complimentary NC Soil Loves Compost magnet or sticker, your email address will be added to our mailing list for updates and invitations to all of our events and classes including our monthly Sustainable Spirits events! (Annual basis)
PREMIUM SUPPORTER ($50)
Receive a complimentary NC Soil Loves Compost magnet or sticker, an NCCC Water Bottle, free admission to our Annual Members and Supporters Meeting, and invitations to all of our events and classes including our monthly Sustainable Spirits events! (Annual basis)
Starting at $150 (as an individual), you can become a US Composting Council member, which automatically makes you a NC Composting Council member. 100% of the individual membership fees and 10% of the organizational membership fees return to our NC state chapter. Some of the benefits include a free 12‑month BioCycle subscription, discounts for advertising, publications, trainings, annual conference, and more.
Gold Sponsor Level – $5,000 The NCCC is seeking one sponsor at this level.
In return for your investment as the Gold Sponsor you will receive the following benefits:
• The Gold Sponsor’s logo will appear on all NCCC event signage & on the home page of the NCCC website including sponsorship slider bar
• The Gold Sponsor’s logo will appear at the bottom of all listserv announcements
• The NCCC will thank the Gold Sponsor at all NCCC events through the year with recognition as our only Gold Sponsor
• A spotlight article will be written about the Gold Sponsor and will be posted on an NCCC website’s dedicated page
• A full width ad on NCCC’s “Where to Buy Compost” Map or other webpage as appropriate will be posted for a full month four times during the year
• The NCCC will re-Tweet the Gold Sponsor’s Tweets to our 500+ members, supporters, and social media followers, when requested, up to 6 times per year
• The NCCC will post six of the Gold Sponsor’s public announcements per year to our listserv of our estimated 600 members, followers, and supporters
• The NCCC will post advanced notices of six of the Gold Sponsor’s public events per year in our “Upcoming events” page and events bar on our Home page
• The NCCC will distribute the Gold Sponsor’s marketing literature and any promotional merchandise that is provided to us at the year’s COTC and two of our monthly Sustainable Spirits gatherings, as appropriate
• The Gold Sponsor will be the “Named Gold Sponsor” at one Sustainable Spirits event and a representative of the Gold Sponsor’s organization will be invited to give a short presentation about the company
• The Gold Sponsor’s products will be used as examples in web articles, blog posts and presentations as appropriate throughout the year
• Two representatives of the Gold Sponsor may attend the NCCC Annual Members and Supporters Meeting at no charge and have the opportunity to give a brief presentation about the company
Silver Sponsor Level- $2,500 The NCCC is seeking three sponsors at this level.
In return for your investment as a Silver Sponsor you will receive the following benefits:
• The Silver Sponsor’s logo will appear at all events & on the home page of the NCCC website including sponsorship slider bar
• The Silver Sponsor’s logo will appear at the bottom of all listserv announcements
• The NCCC will thank the Silver Sponsor at all NCCC events through the year with recognition as our Silver Sponsor Level
• A paragraph spotlighting each Silver Sponsor will be added to NCCC’s Sponsor page on our website
• A half-width ad on the NCCC’s “Where to Buy Compost” Map, or other webpage as appropriate, will be posted two times during the year
• The Silver Sponsor’s representative will be invited to attend and introduce their company at one Sustainable Spirits gathering during the year
• The Silver Sponsor’s products may be used as examples in web articles, blog posts & presentations, as appropriate throughout the year
• Two of the Silver Sponsor’s representatives may attend our Annual Members and Supporters Meeting at no charge and may speak briefly about their company
Bronze – $1,000 The NCCC is seeking five sponsors at this level.
In return for your investment as a Bronze Sponsor you will receive the following benefits:
• The Bronze Sponsor’s logo will appear at all events & on the home page of the NCCC website including sponsorship slider bar
• The Bronze Sponsor’s logo will appear at the bottom of all listserv announcements
• A quarter-width ad on the NCCC’s “Where to Buy Compost” Map or other webpage as appropriate will be posted, two times during the year
• One representative of the Bronze Sponsor may attend our NCCC Annual Members and Supporters Meeting at no charge and may give a brief introduction about their company
Event Sponsors – $500 for events
In return for your investment as an Event Sponsors you will receive the following benefits.
• The Event Sponsor’s logo will appear on all event materials and displayed prominently at the event
• The opening speaker at the event will recognize and thank the Event Sponsors
• Representative may attend the event as appropriate; e.g. at COTC, the lunch sponsor has the opportunity to speak about their company/product before lunch and will be asked to join us to mingle with attendees to answer any questions
Sustainable Spirits Sponsors – Three Levels available
Each Sustainable Spirits event is sponsored by a local company that cares about the soils and natural life of North Carolina. The hallmark of the sponsorship program is exposure to your target audience. Each Sustainable Spirits gathering is announced by email to a list of more than 1000 interested people, it is publicized on our website and is announced through social media. The sponsor’s name and logo is posted on all publicity emails and the web page and will be added to our permanent list of Sustainable Spirits sponsors on our web page.
On the evening of the event, the sponsor may set up a banner or small table (depending on space) and hand out informational materials. The sponsor’s representative is given time for a short presentation about the business, their core values, and goals. Staff and friends of the sponsor are invited to take part in the evening – it’s their party too!
Three sponsorship levels
- The sponsorship, as outlined above, requires a donation of $100.
- The sponsor may choose to provide hors d’oeuvres for the group for a $300 donation.
- Non-Profit organizations may sponsor at no cost.
Your Sponsorship dollars are used for the following programs
● Scholarships/Grants Our NC Young Investigators Scholarship
NCCC supports students from a college or university in North Carolina who are working on a research project in the fields of composting and/or compost use. The Scholarship is given bi-annually in the amount of $4000.00. In addition, $1000.00 will be provided for travel expenses to allow the student to present their findings at the following year’s USCC Annual Conference.
● Compost Operators Training Course Certification Program
The NCCC’s annual Compost Operators Training Course is the premier event of the year, offering a week long USCC certified training to run a successful composting facility, with attendees from local and abroad. From compost operators to environmental and agricultural consultants to local and state regulators, the Compost Operations Training Course is for anyone who wants quality instruction from leading composting professionals and educators on the art and science of commercial scale compost production and marketing.
● Grants for companies & organizations
Offering a grant to assist a start-up composting business with growing their business can be instrumental in helping them become established or expanding their operation. The NCCC is committed to offering grant requests for businesses and community gardens to encourage composting in North Carolina.
● Annual Members and Supporters Meeting
Our annual meeting provides updates on the Council’s activities, goals achieved, events held, and educational opportunities. A keynote speaker presents our audience with their message of how they are positively influencing the compost industry. The 2019 Annual Meeting was held at the NC Zoo and included a tour of the Zoo’s composting facility.
● NC Green Industry Council
The NCCC is a member of the GIC and helps to establish unity among the diverse segments of the North Carolina Green Industry. The GIC focuses on common issues and concerns to provide an umbrella of legislative advocacy, promotion of the industry, and represents the green industry as a steward of the environment and as an advocate and leader of environmental stewardship.
● Green Industry Council’s Annual Water Symposium
Each year the NCCC sponsors the GIC Water Symposium held at NCSU, which features presentations by innovative thinkers, policy makers and water experts, and disseminates information about new technologies, forward thinking water management methods and ideas that are being considered as the state’s water policy.
● NCNLA, CRA, CSFA, NC Center for Non-profits, NC Conservation Network
The NCCC is proud to be members and supporters of like-minded organizations. For example, the NCCC supports the North Carolina Nursery & Landscape Association, which is an organization that aims to be a flexible, knowledgeable, responsive, environmentally-conscious organization providing the nursery and landscape industries with leadership, technological and business advancement opportunities, and information services. We support our friends at the NCNLA through sponsoring and exhibiting at their annual Green & Growin’ conference.
● Administrative Coordinator
The NC Composting Council is an organization that has grown substantially over the past decade, offering more programs and opportunities for the NC composting community. To help keep things running smoothly, we employ a staff member who supports the Board and its committees to continue the Board’s mission of interfacing with the public and helping to grow the NC composting industry.
● Committee projects/goals
The NCCC’s currently utilizes three committees; Education and Outreach, Communications, and Advisory/Access to create an agenda of projects and goals they work toward throughout the year, helping to bring the NCCC’s goals and missions to fruition.
● Sustainable Spirits
Sustainable Spirits is a monthly public event where people can gather, meet each other, and engage in fun and meaningful conversations, network about sustainability projects and organizations. It’s free, unstructured, and open to everyone interested in anything from renewable energy and civic engagement to green building, organic farming, and beyond! Sustainable Spirits gatherings take place all across NC but focus in the Triangle area.
● Composting and compost use classes for homeowners
Teaching homeowners how and where to use compost happens in venues from garden shows to schoolrooms. The NCCC is always ready to provide speakers and teachers to train the public in the how, where, and why of composting.
Sponsors must provide all logos and requested content for our website and social media. Additionally, Sponsors must approve all uses of their logo/ articles / images of their products / retweets.
33,378 total views, 9 views today