North Carolina Composting Council
2nd Annual Members Meeting, June 22, 2016
Booth Field Learning Lab, NCSU, 4000 Chi Rd, Raleigh, NC
We invite you to the 2nd Annual NC Composting Council Member Meeting. Join us to celebrate our accomplishments, hear about the new and exciting plans for the year ahead, and how you can get involved.
The day includes a morning of information and sharing, lunch (provided), and an afternoon of instructional workshops.
Cost for the Day
Members – free
Non-Members – Early Registration $25
– After June 10th: $49
8:30am Registration & coffee
9am-noon Welcome and Update on NCCC – President, Rhonda Sherman
Briefing on Composting Rules/Certification – Tony Gallagher
New EPA/USDA Food Waste Initiative – Jorge Montezuma
NCCC structure and elections – Rhonda Sherman
Coastal Regional Group – Kat Pohlman
Noon Networking Lunch (provided) and Tour Compost Learning Lab
1:00 – 4:00pm Workshops
- Vermiculture – Rhonda Sherman
- Benefits of Using Compost & Applications – Gary Gittere
- Black Soldier Fly Composting – Karl Warkomski
- Backyard Composting – Muriel Williman
- Demo Permits for Compost Facilities – Jorge Montezuma
- Zero Waste Events/Cafeteria Food Waste Collection – Analis Fulghum
To registration click here.