Consider joining one of our four committees to help us further composting in NC. Just 1-2 hours per month would make a positive impact in our industry. To get involved, email email@example.com or speak to one of our Board members– find their contact information here: https://carolinacompost.com/board/.
Education & Outreach Committee
The EOC seeks to promote composting in all forms by organizing and participating at events, workshops, seminars, or conferences where feasible. The EOC also creates and/or promotes education courses of the NCCC.
The AAC monitors legislative and policy matters where the compost industry can have an impact such as organic waste diversion, soil health, climate change, agriculture and urban infrastructure. The AAC can educate and assist decision-makers from the national to the local level. The AOC partners with NGO’s and other stakeholders to form coalitions, and the AOC participates in the USCC LEAC.
Communications & Marketing Committee (CMC)
The CMC creates and manages content related to what is happening within the council and the NC composting industry on the NCCC’s website, Facebook, and other social media channels.
The Compost Operations Training Course (COTC) Committee
The COTC Committee plans, organizes, and facilitates the annual NCCC COTC training. Included in this committee’s responsibilities are to:
- Communicate with the Compost Research and Education Foundation so they can promote the event and administer the registration process
- Ensure compliance with CREF’s COTC requirements
- Secure presenters for each session, aiding presenters with session content
- Secure the classroom, pile-building location, and needed supplies
- Find sponsors for lunches, programs and other opportunities
- Coordinate with local compost facilities and NCDA for field trips
7,490 total views, 6 views today