Small-to-Large Scale Compost, Vermicomposting and Tea Brewing: How to Do It and Use the Products!
Center for Environmental Farming Systems (CEFS) is pleased to present to host Rhonda Sherman (NCSU, Biological and Agricultural Engineering) as she expertly lectures on small-to-large scale composting, vermicomposting and tea brewing – how to do it and use the products!
Compost/ Vermicompost Workshop
Have you ever…
– tried composting but never had a hot pile?
– set up a worm bin and your worms died?
– wondered how to do composting or vermicomposting on a larger scale, and maybe make some money from it?
– wanted to make and use compost tea?
– seen pictures of various types of worm bins and compost bins but haven’t seen them in person?
During this 4-hour workshop, you will learn about small-to-large scale composting and vermicomposting, the value of their products and how to use them, and how to make and use compost tea. You will also tour NC State’s Compost Training Facility and see more than two dozen types of composting units and worm bins, plus a compost tea brewer. You can also examine a 40 square foot continuous-flow vermi-reactor and observe more than 12,000 earthworms consume dairy manure.
Cost $10.00 per person
Pay By Check
Please make check payable to: